Attacks coming from the Internet are possible due to the bugs and weaknesses in your software. In order to repair these breaches, software companies offer updates and patches. Through regular updates, you can maintain your security against attacks that seek to establish unauthorized access to your computer by exploiting software weaknesses.
- Update your computer regularly to fix security breaches.
- Visit the address windowsupdate.microsoft.com for Microsoft updates.
- Use licensed software, do not download free software, and do not use pirated software.
- Do not use Internet Banking on shared computers, or in Internet cafes.
- Connect through computers that you are sure are secure.